Please read carefully: (We are obliged by law to write down these terms and conditions and because of the legal language they sound much worse than they really are, they are only common sense). When you book your holiday with us, you (the hirers) and on behalf of each member of your party, are entering into with us (the owners) a legally binding contract. The responsibilities we have towards each other are as follows:
1. Security Bond. On arrival the hirer will provide a security deposit of £100.00 (one hundred pounds) per cottage, by means of a cheque payable to “Cwmiar Farm” . This bond will be held by the owner as assurance towards any damage to Cwmiar’s property or any breach of contract and is refundable, either partially or in full (as the case may be) within a week from the date of departure.
2. Payment. The hirer will pay a non-returnable deposit at the time of booking. The owner will reserve the cottage for the hirer for 4 days until the deposit has been received, when he will confirm the booking; if the deposit has not been received during this time, the booking will be cancelled unless alternative arrangements have been made. The balance will fall payable seven weeks prior to commencement of the holiday. Non-payment of the balance by the due date, without alternative arrangement, will constitute unilateral (and therefore illegal) cancellation of the contract by the hirer and the owner reserves the right to re-let the cottage; however if unable to do so will consider the hirer liable for payment.
3. Cancellation. If the hirer wishes to cancel the booking he/she should advise the owner immediately by telephone or e-mail, followed by a confirmatory letter. The owner will (but without any obligation to the hirer) use their best endeavours to obtain a replacement letting and, if such replacement is obtained, will then refund to the hirer any monies paid, less a handling charge. If the owner is unable to obtain a replacement letting the owner shall be entitled to retain all payments already made and to recover, if not already paid, the balance of the hiring charge. It is up to the hirer to obtain cancellation insurance if he/she wishes to cover unforeseen circumstances.
4. Arrival & departure. The holiday begins at 4 o’clock p.m. on the arrival day and ends at 10 o’clock a.m. on the day of departure.
5. Number of party. The total number in each party must not exceed the capacity of the cottage as advertised on the owner’s website. Babies under 2 years old are excluded. (The owner reserves the right to terminate the hire without notice or refund in case of breach of this condition).
6. Heating & Electricity. The cost of heating and electricity are NOT included in the price of the cottage. The hirer will pay the cost, according to meter reading, prior to departure.
7. Liability. The owner makes every reasonable effort to reduce the safety hazards inside and outside the cottages (it is working farm), without ruining the freedom of space and natural beauty of the place, it is the hirer’s responsibility to inspect the property and the grounds on arrival and note any possible hazards, as the usage of the cottage and grounds is entirely and without any exception at the hirer’s own risk. Parents should keep their children under observation, particularly toddlers at all times. The hirer’s belongings, including cars are left at his/her own risk. The owner will not be liable for any accident, loss or damage thereof or thereto from any cause whatsoever or from negligence of the owner’s servants.
8. Misbehaving. a) The hirer will make sure he/she doesn’t disturb the peace or enjoyment of other guests by being noisy or otherwise. b) The owner reserves the right to refuse to hand over accommodation to any person(s) who, in the owner’s reasonable opinion, is not suitable to take charge of it. In this event the hirer will remain liable to pay the full hire price and no refund shall be due. c) If, in the reasonable opinion of the owner, any person is not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to the property or danger or significant annoyance to others, the contract may be terminated, in which case the owner will have no further liability.
9. Complaints. The owner will make every reasonable effort to ensure that you have an enjoyable holiday. If, however, the hire has any cause for complaint, action should be taken as soon as possible. It is essential that the hirer contact the owner immediately if any problem arises. Discussion with the owner while the hirer is hiring the property should enable problems to be resolved straight away. The owners cannot subsequently consider any complaints or enter into any correspondence about them.
10. Damages. The hirer should report any breakages, losses or damages to the property to the owner as soon as possible and is liable for paying the cost of any repairs or replacement immediately.
11. Televisions. The owner will provide the hirer with the television(s) properly tuned. In the case that they are found to have been tampered with, the hirer will be liable for the cost of re-tuning. The hirer is responsible for making sure the relevant remote controls are left next to the television before departure.
12. Cleaning. The owner will provide the cottage to the hirer in a clean and tidy condition, the carpet well vacuumed, ovens and hobs, baths, basins and toilets etc. properly cleaned. The hirer has to take all reasonable and proper care of the cottage and its contents, and leave it in the same condition as they found it. The hirer is responsible for any additional cleaning costs incurred.
13. Linens and towels. The owner will provide the hirer with sufficient clean linen and towels free of charge. The hirer is responsible for the cost of replacing any damaged stained or discoloured items.
14. Fireplaces. The hirer will leave the fireplaces empty and reasonably clean after use and will be held liable for any damage to the carpet from hot cinders.
15. Playgrounds. a) The hirer’s children are welcome to use all playgrounds from 9 a.m. until dusk, entirely at their parents’ own risk. b) The play equipment, such as swings, zip-line etc. are only for children only and NOT for adults to use. c) Parents must keep their children under control and toddlers under observation at all times. d) The hirer will ensure that children in his/her party do NOT bully or intimidate other children or abuse the playgrounds or the equipment therein, or to be a nuisance to other guests by being unreasonably loud or otherwise. d) Ball games are only allowed in the area stipulated by the owner. e) The owner reserves the right to ban disobedient children from using the playgrounds without being liable for any compensation to the hirer.
16. Smoking. Smoking inside the cottages is strictly forbidden. The hirer is welcome to smoke outside the cottage, provided that doing so does not disturb other guests and no cigarette butts are left on the ground.
17. Pets. Pets are allowed on the farm, but owners are asked to keep dogs on a lead when outside their cottage, for the sake of other guests and the farm animals.
18. Chemicals. The farm is organic and the hirer MUST ensure no chemicals, bleach, antibacterials (care many handwashes are antibacterial) or antiseptics do not enter the drainage system. Wipes must be thrown in the bin please.